Thursday, December 1, 2011

Is it really too early for Christmas?

Hello! I was reading on of my friends blogs the other day and she brought up a good reminder for me. I decided I would use that idea for my blog as well, and spread the reminder around. As Thanksiving is now over, all the stores go straight from one holiday to another. They hardly ever bother with Thanksgiving, they go straight from Halloween to Christmas. They start playing Christmas carols, they put up Christmas trees and wreaths, they start selling Christmas lights and Christmas clothes, and what do so many people, including myself think? It's too early for Christmas! They don't want to hear the carols until they are ready, they don't want to think about Christmas trees, and of course you never hear anyone say Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays until a few days before. Anyway, as I was reading my friends blog and thinking, I was reminded, is it ever really too early for Christmas? Christmas isn't about presents, or carols, or trees! It's not about family, or friends, or even that warm fuzzy feeling of holiday cheer! It's about celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. As I'm sure I'll write about Christmas at least once more this year, I will try and stay on point, but It's kinda like Thanksgiving. Should we only be thankful on Thanksgiving Day? Of course not, so why should we only celebrate Christmas one day a year? We should always be praising God for sending His son to this world. Without Him, we wouldn't be the same. Who knows where we would be today if He didn't. If you're like me, and Thanksgiving comes and goes around, and you begin to say, It's too early for Christmas!!!!!!!! I know I'm working on thinking again. We should celebrate Christmas all year through. So Merry Christmas, Have a Great Night, and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment