Friday, December 16, 2011

The most important instruction book in the world

It's the most wonderful time of the year, and it always seems to get busier and busier. I apologize for not writing near as much as I would like to, but being an eighteen year old isn't easy work. Anyway, I'll get on with my thought.
It's that time of year where you pull out the old Christmas decorations, put up the Christmas lights, and hang up your stockings, but none of that is finished until the tree is all ready. My dad is however allergic to Christmas trees, and while it would be nice to have a real tree, I've always grown up with a store-bought one, so I don't really miss the real ones, but maybe someday. Last week we pulled out our Christmas tree from the shop and put it together. To our dismay we found out half the lights weren't working, and nobody could find the ones that were broken, so we decided after ten years, we should let our family tree retire and move on to a new tree. With that we went to Wal-Mart and bought a new beautiful Christmas tree. We got home, opened up the box, and put it together lickity-split, that was the easy part. However being a pre-lit tree we had to figure how to plug it all in. We tried and tried and tried to figure it all out, and it turned out I had unplugged something that should've never been unplugged. It took us quite some time to figure out the lights, but my dad got the great idea of looking at the instruction manual. Once we knew what I did wrong, we got it right away, it was a lot simpler than we thought, and I had messed it all up. We got it all figured out in the end, and the tree is now sitting in our room looking pretty. You may be saying what does this have to do with anything. Simple! That's just like our life, God has given us a great instruction book. He has inspired it, Provided several men to write it, and He's Preserved it for thousands of years. In our life, we should pay close attention to our instruction book. Life will be so much easier if we do. We should consistently and carefully read the Bible  because God has blessed us with it. We should not just read it for the sake of reading it, but we should read it to get something out of it. We should want to read it, so we can get something from God. If we do that, it will save us a lot of trouble, a lot of problems, and a lot of work. Sure we will make some mistakes, but we should first off want to read it to prevent future mistakes, and even if we do make mistakes, we should read it to know best how to fix it. I'm so glad that God has blessed me with a Bible. There are a lot of people who don't have that privelege, and I am so blessed to own one. It contains so much wisdom, and God has given us so much to learn from in it.
I think of 2 Timothy 3:16 when it says,
"All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness"
So, I want to be more careful in my life to set aside some time each day to carefull read the instruction book God has given me. Have a great night, God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment