Friday, December 9, 2011

Be Happy with what you have

As the holidays are coming and going, I am reminded of how blessed we are, and yet at the same time, how selfish and greedy of a world we live in. As we all have a sinful nature, we are always wanting more. In fact, I see it as if we are little children. We are never happy with what we have, we are never satisfied. I know I've heard several times "Be happy and thankful for what you have" In fact, I've said it myself, but how often do we live what we teach? Are we happy and thankful with what we have. In my life, I have had several thoughts like that. For instance recently I have been invited to a few birthday parties, which I am very appreciative of! I hardly ever get invited to birthday parties, so I appreciate being included in them, however the next day, I see on facebook people saying that they are out doing things with their friends, having a good time, and doing stuff together, and I got jealous. I thought, why can't I be included? Why can't I be the one out doing things with my friends, and yet I forget about all the things that God truly has blessed me with. I forget about the night I had before, celebrating wit friends,, playing games and having a good time. I WAS INCLUDED!!!!!!!!! Why am I not satisfied with what I have. I have also been working on being satisfied and thankful in the theatre as well.. So many times I have auditioned for a show and been turned down. I have been put back stage, or put in the audience, or not even a part of the show at all, and I think, "Why am I not the one in the spotlight, Why can't I be the one taking a bow and have people clap for me?" I never seem to be happy with what God has blessed me with. It's not about popularity and fame, and while that's nice, It's all about glorifying God, being a blessing to others, meeting other people, and making memories that will last forever. God has blessed me by allowing me to be backstage on so many shows. Sure I've only been on stage in the spotlight for a handful of shows, but He has blessed me more than I can ever express. He is sooooooooo good! I've heard stories of children going in stores the day after Christmas and having a tantrum because they can't get a toy, while they have hundreds of dollars worth of toys at home from the day before. Am I really any better than that child? I'm not! I know being a Christian is a privelege enough, and I have been so blessed over and beyond that. So why am I not thankful for what I have. The biggest thing I have to remember is it's my sinful nature trying to get a hold of me again. I have to remember again 1 Thessalonians 5:18 when it says "In all things give thanks" So, should we get upset when we don't have everything we want? Sure, we aren't in the spotlight with everyone clapping for us, Sure we don't have a million dollar lambourghini in our driveway, but here I am on a laptop, with a roof above my head, clothes on my back, and a nice warm bed to sleep in while it's freezing cold outside. It doesn't even matter if we do have everything money can buy, we will always want more! Think of Donald Trump, does he ever seem happy? Sure, he can buy anything he ever wanted, including several marriages, but I have more than money can buy, I have eternal life! So, I have been reminded recently that I am so blessed and I should be happy, satisfied, and thankful for everything I have. Have a great night, God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment