Thursday, November 17, 2011

The privelege of free will

This may be an item of discussion, and I love seeing other people's point of view on things, so feel free to discuss it in the comments, I won't start any arguments, I just like thinking about other people's opinions on things.
Anyway, I have a friend who does not believe that God has given us a free will. At this point I personally believe that He has given us a free will. The first reason being, we all know that God is a good God. We all know he is loving, and kind and fair, so why would he act like we are a lottery? "A lucky few people will get to go to Heaven, and the rest of you, you are going to hell, I'm sorry, we can't have a personal relationship, and we will never be close as I am with those lucky few" It just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe you believe that it isn't just a "lucky few". Maybe you believe He sees people and decides on his favorites. I don't believe that's like God either. However I believe He has given us a free choice. In Genesis 3, we read about creation. We read how God specifically told Adam not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, However he gave him the choice. If he wanted to, he could've put an electrical fence around it. He could've put an angel standing there with a sword, such as he did when Adam and Eve were cast out of the garden. In fact, he could've never even put the tree there, but that brings us back to the choice. He wanted to give Adam and Eve the chance to choose between themselves and God. He has given us the same choice. Do we choose to do things we want to do, or do we choose to do things that would please God. You may be saying, why did he create the choice? God created the choice because it is a privelege for us. He didn't want us to turn out to be like robots "Yes master, yes master, whatever you say master" but he wanted us to show him how much we love him. If we choose his ways, he will be glorified, we will show him that we are willing to give up our own wants and needs to do whatever pleases Him. If we don't choose God's ways then we show him differently. This is a huge question in so many peoples minds. Why would God create so many people and so many are going to be sent to hell?  I know God is a loving God, the Bible says it a million times how much he does, but He is not willing that any should perish, he wants us all to be saved! It's something that could go in circles for hours upon days upon years, and we could go back and forth, but the bottom line is we just need to have faith in God. We know he loves us, we know he has a perfect plan for our life, but I believe he allows us to choose. He has given us the great privelege of free will. This is a HUGE subject. Many people have questioned this, and I have thought a lot on it myself, but I know that God loves me, He loves the whole world, and I believe that he has given me the choice. People have different opinions, and I know you may disagree with me, I totally respect that. I would love to know what you think too. Like I said, I won't start any arguments, I like knowing why I know what I know, so it'll give me a little more to think about too. Have a great night, God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment