Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The best friend a person can ever have

Well, It's that time of year again! It's the beginning of the holiday season. Thanksgiving kicks in, then people prepare for Christmas, then New Years. Families get together and sit around the table, as they cut the Thanksgiving turkey, and pass the cranberry sauce, they share in a time of laughter, a time of joy. Time they can spend together, and memories are made forever. It's this once a year, people all over the world share what they are truly thankful for. Of course, it's not quite thanksgiving yet, but as people prepare, it's always a time of thinking for me. I don't quite have the family that I wish I did have. Due to several different reasons, my family hardly talks to each other any more. People are spread out all over the country, from Pennsylvania, to Georgia, to Alabama, to Oregon. We hardly ever receive a phone call, and aside from the occasional Birthday card or Christmas gift card, we hardly ever hear from each other. I think about family! As much as I hate to say it, I don't have the best family in the world. Of course I am blessed to have the mom, dad, sister, and brother I have, and my mom's aunt and uncle we love dearly we hear from most, but that's about it! We've had to set some boundaries. There's been too many arguments, too many split-ups, too many insults, and too many feelings hurt. I don't like it this way, but I know it had to be done. I know this all sounds depressing, but that isn't the point of my entry tonight. I want to thank God, that amidst the family I do have, no matter how disfunctional it may be, He has blessed me with friends! I have adopted grandparents, adopted aunts and uncles, adopted cousins, even adopted brothers and sisters! No, it's not quite the same, of course I wish I had a closer family, a family I could get together with on holidays and share some special memories, but God truly has blessed. Whether it's my church family, or my theatre family, or my juggling teacher and people I have gotten to know through Him, God has truly blessed me with each of these people. I am honored to know so many great people. These people are people who love me, accept me, people I trust, and people I would consider the closest "family" I could ever have! So, I would like to dedicate this first part to my great friends. I thank you for accepting me, including me, loving me, and welcoming me into your family!
In Proverbs 18:24, it says " There is a friend who sticks closer than a brother"
I can say I have many friends who are closer than family to me, but as much as I do love my friends, and I appreciate the love they have shown me, I have an even greater friend. He shows me more love than can ever be shown here on earth. He is closer to me than any brother, cousin, aunt, uncle, grandparent, parent, or even best friend to me! He is my Heavenly Father, He has showed me more love than I can ever express, and I can't thank Him enough for being the best friend I could ever have. So, while I may not have the best family in the world, I can say I have some amazing friends, and I am so thankful for them. I can also say, I have the best friend in the entire universe, I know him personally, and he has shown me more love than can ever be expressed, and I thank him for that! I hope in the following few weeks, as we each celebrate the holiday season with our best friends or our own family, we will remember the love that Christ has shown us, and may we be thankful to Him for everything! Have a great night, God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment