Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Don't worry, Be Happy!

Sorry It's been a few days since I've written, I'm trying to keep up but time seems to fly by faster and faster. Anyway, those of you who know me, know that I am a recently graduated 18 year old boy who is looking for a job, so if anyone sees something available, I would love for you to leave me a comment below! Anyway, that's not the point. I have handed in around 40 applications and resumes, prayed a lot about it, and anxiously waited for a phone call.

I've gotten two phone calls, one from Subway. They called at 11:30 one morning and wanted me at an interview 35 minutes away at 1:30 the same day. Where I'm not able to drive, and my mom, who works nights, was sleeping, I was not able to do that. But that as well is not the point. I also got a call from Dairy Queen, they sounded a little more promising. They gave me an interview, were very nice, and I think the interview went very well. But sadly I never heard from them again. Needless to say, I didn't get the job. I seemed alright with it that day, but the next day it kinda hit me. Here you go again, back at the start! You have no job, and you could really use some money.

But that didn't last long. I was reminded of one of my favorite verses in the Bible. One I believe not only should everyone know, but everyone should live by it.

Proverbs 3:5-6 says
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight"

I couldn't have said it better myself. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, don't rely on the things you know, but in everything, turn to Him, and He will guide you each step of the way. It's as simple as that. There are so many verses in the Bible it reminds us not to worry, not to be anxious.

It says in Matthew 6:34
"Do not worry about tomorrow"

It also says in Philippians 4:6
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God"

And the very middle verse in the Bible says in Psalm 118:8
"It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man"

So why do we rely on what we know? Why do we worry so much? Why are we so anxious about everything? We should simply trust in God! We should put everything in God's hands, for he is a soverign God! He is in control of absolutely everything! Just put everything in his hands, and He will provide it all. It's not always easy, we won't always understand why He's doing what He's doing, but we shouldn't rely on our own understanding. Of course I don't understand why I have done so much work for only two phone calls, and no job offers, but He is in control of everything. So we should stop worrying, we should stop being anxious, We should stop relying on mere man, but fully trust in the sovereign God. In the words of Bob Marley "Don't Worry, Be Happy" For God is in control of it all! Have a good night, God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment