Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween

Well, Tonight is Halloween. It's a night every year where kids and adults alike dress up, and go out and collect candy. Fun for kids of course, but is it really a holiday that would be pleasing and glorifying to God? The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 10:31 "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" So as we think about Halloween, and what people represent on that day, is it something that would give God glory? Not everyone is going to agree with me, it's just a personal preference. I personally don't care much for Halloween, The Bible also says in 1 Thessalonians 5:22 "Abstain from all appearance of evil". When I think of Halloween, I think of ghosts, goblins, zombies, vampires, demons, devils, witches, etc. It doesn't sound like anything that would relate to God. Thinking about all those different things, I see them as evil creaturs, of course, I don't want to be a part of any of that. The Bible thirdly says in Philippians 4:8 "Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things" So when you think of halloween, do you think about anything that is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, I don't! I personally don't want to take part in it. There are many people in the world who worship the devil on such days. They hold sacrifices, and it's not pleasing to God. So while thinking about Halloween, you may not agree with me, that's your personal opinion, and I respect that, But I know I want to think on things that would glorify God!

No comments:

Post a Comment