Thursday, October 27, 2011

Amazing Grace that saved a wretch like me

One of the most beloved hymns of all time is the song Amazing Grace. It is played on the bagpipes, the trumpet, the piano, and the electric guitar. It's sang, hummed, whistled, and so many people in the world know the song. But do they really understand it?

I sing the song myself, and I think about the Amazing Grace that God has given me. There are people in the world, who sing the song and love it, but they have never experienced that Amazing Grace. God sent his one and only son into the world to bear a cross so that a undeserving wretch like me could be saved. I will never deserve it, I will never earn it, But because of God's Amazing Grace he saved me! I once was lost, but Jesus found me. I once was blind but now I see. If it weren't for God's Amazing grace I would not be the person I am today, and I am so thankful for His gift of grace.

The Bible says in Ephesians 2:8-9
 "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast"

I think so many people take it for granted what they have, they sing the song casually, but they never fully understand it. They sing, I once was lost, but now I'm found. Are they really found? I definately don't take God's Amazing Grace for granted. It's something I have never, and never will deserve, and it's nothing that I can earn, but I praise God for the Amazing Grace that saved me! Have a great night, God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment