Monday, February 4, 2013

My life as a Disney Movie


    Many of us, who have lived in the past 50 or so years, have grown up on the American family classics. Mary Poppins, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Jungle Book, Lion King, The Little Mermaid, and so many more. These are the Disney movies we all remember as little kids singing along to "The Bear Necessities", "Under the Sea", "The Circle of Life", "Beauty and the Beast", "Supercalifragilistic......."Uhhhhh, okay, I admit, I don't know how to spell that one, but you get the point. We all remember them, love them, and cherish the memories we had watching them with our families. If you're lucky, you can still pop the VHS into the VCR, and enjoy them at an older age too. However, that is not the point of my post today.

    As we think back on these classic movies, and we think back on each of the story lines, they are all very similar. No, of course not the plot, and no, not the characters either, but think about it. They all, like many other movies, tv shows, or books, have an introduction, a dilemma, and a happy ending. There are many people who have come together to put together those movies. There are actors, directors, producers, editors, storyboard makers, managers, designers, stylists, supervisors, artists, assistants, compositors, checkers, painters, scanners, and animators...... just to name a few. They all come together, and work as a team to make not only a great movie, but a masterpiece. It all starts with a little planning. They put together meetings, they talk about it, and they plan every detail, to make sure it all comes together perfectly.

    It's a little like our life, except instead of many people coming together to plan all the details, there is one person. No, He doesn't have to draw out the characters, He molds them. No, He doesn't have to edit videos, He teaches lessons. No, He doesn't have to come up with ideas, He already knows it all. He's just that great of a God! As we sit on the edge of our seats, waiting to see what will happen next, we know there are no surprises for Him.

Our lives are similar to each of these movies:

    We have an introduction. It's not Tinkerbell flying over Cinderella's castle. We are given the gift of life. Every one of us is born into the world, and we are given a chance to live the life God wants us to live.

    Of course, we will face dilemmas too. God is taking us on a great adventure. There may be bumps and bruises along the way, and we will most definitely face a villian. It's not always easy, but in the end, it will be worth it.

It reminds me of a scene from one of the Disney classics.......


So often we push God away. No, we may not call Him a "stuffed shirt, swaggering peacock". No, we may not tell him to "jump off a balcony" either, But we tell Him to leave us alone. We tell Him we don't need Him. We rely on money, other people, even ourselves, instead of the one who has it all planned out perfectly. Yet, He doesn't give up on us. He loves us! He reaches out His hand to us and asks "Do you trust me?". He wants to be our guide on the adventure. He wants to lead us through all the bumps, bruises, and dilemmas, but He allows us to be "free to make our own choice". We just have to take Him by the hand, and trust in Him.

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."   ~Psalm 23:1-4

    And thirdly, after the adventure is over, we have something great to look forward to. As I mentioned before, all of the movies end the same way. Someone's dream comes true. Someone becomes the prince or princess they wanted to be. Someone get's to be a part of the whole new world. And of course, you can't forget "They lived happily ever after". If we know Jesus as our personal saviour, that will be us someday too. This world is not our home, so we will get to be a part of a whole new world. We will be proud to say we are the child of a king. We will get more than our wildest dreams can imagine, and we will get to live happily ever after with God. I'd say, in the end, it will be worth it all!

"Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."  ~Psalm 23:5-6

    I understand, this may be a little bit of a strange way to look at the Christian life. I don't mean to make light of it at all; But I hope in my life, as my story unfolds, as I sit on the edge of my seat waiting to see what is coming next, I will take God by the hand, and until He brings me home, fully trust in Him, because He has it all perfectly planned out. 


____________________________________________________________



Thanks for reading my post. I'm not sure whether or not it came out the way I had hoped it would, but feel free to let me know what you think! If you have any critiques, or comments, I would love to know that too. I hope you have a wonderful day, God Bless!


~Daniel~ :)


P.S. Welcome to my blog, to those of you who have recently joined. Thanks for following me! I hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. "Look for the, Bear Necessities
    The simple bear Necessitites,
    Forget about your worries and your strife.
    I mean the, Bear Necessities
    Oh, Mother Nature's recipies that bring the Bear Necessities to life."

    Haha, I love that movie!! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yup! It's one of those catchy classic favorites :) they sure don't make 'em like they used to!

    ReplyDelete