Thursday, February 21, 2013

A note from the heart

     Hello! I realize most of you are used to reading my blogs. They have a
lot of the same format, with the way we should live, the way we should be,
the greatness of God, the difficulties of life, etc. Then of course, I
normally try and find some scripture to put along with my point. Whether
it's Proverbs 3:5-6, Romans 8:28, or 1 Corinthians 10:31. But I've decided
to write this one a little differently. This time, I wanted to write
something from the heart. I would like to talk to you as fellow bloggers,
readers, friends, and brothers/sisters in Christ. At this point in my life,
I am facing some difficulties. I am facing many questions, big decisions,
and a lot of responsibility. Sometimes I feel alone in a big world. So, from
my heart to yours, I would appreciate some prayer.

    The first thing I would could use prayer on, is that I would trust in
God, and His perfect timing, all the time. As I mentioned before, I am
facing many decisions, responsibility, and questions. There are so many
things that I want in my life. I have been looking for a job for the past
few months. I have filled out applications, dropped off resume's, checked
back on them every day, and I still haven't heard any word. I've been hoping
to go away to college the past few years. I've applied for colleges, applied
for financial aid, done research, called and asked questions, and the
opportunity still has not been available to me. I would like to have a young
lady in my life. Of course as most young people, they look forward to the
day they can meet their special someone, and marry the love of their life, I
know people left and right who are getting in relationships, or getting
married, and sometimes I ask "Why not me?". But I know, for all of those things, it's just not God's perfect timing yet. I struggle with waiting, and being patient, so I would appreciate your prayer for patience, and that I would trust in God's perfec timing for my life.
 
    Secondly, I could use prayer concerning my relationship with the Lord. Since I am here at home, waiting for His perfect timing, I have had a lot of time on my hands. I haven't had a job, I'm not in school, so I need something to do with that time. It's so easy for me to get on the computer ......like I am now, watch TV, eat, or do just about anything, but then God reminds me to spend some time with Him. Sometimes I don't feel like it, but when I buckle down, and either study His word, or pray, I'm more refreshed, more encouraged, and
more blessed than I could be doing anything else. I've been working on studying, and absorbing God's word more and more each day. I haven't worried about how much, or how little I've read, as long as I can get something out of it, that's what's important to me. The more I read and study, the more I want to read and study. I recently read through the book of Hebrews (an AMAZING book to study), and I got so much more out of it than I ever have before. I then read through the Sermon on the mount in Matthew 5-7, 1 Corinthians 13, and I've been working on Psalm 18 the past two days. So I would appreciate your prayer that I would continue to grow in my relationship with God. I know the devil wants to get me side tracked, and get my mind focused on other things, which can be easy for me to do sometimes, but I know I need to continually be growing in my relationship with God.
 
    Thirdly, that I would focus on God instead of the things of this world. As I am here at home, I have many luxeries. I have a home, a family, a church, friends, money, and so much more that I am blessed with. But I know those things won't always be there. It seems that some of those things are slowly dwindling away. I have grown up in a small-ish church without many younger people in it, so I've grown up with a few select people my age. As I've grown older, they as well have too, and they've moved on. They've all gone on to college, gone in the Navy, or moved on with their lives. Then there are people outside of church. Of course there are many wonderful people I have met ouside of church, but sometimes it makes it difficult when I don't get to see them very often. They go to a different church, they are very busy with their jobs, or I only get to see them in the theatre (which I haven't been able to be involved with recently). While all of these people are great, I have easily relied on them, for advice, encouragement, and love. I turn so often to friends, and
family, and church for advice, which isn't a bad thing at all, but it
becomes bad, when I rely on them, and stop relying on God. It's also easy
for me to rely on myself, and my own strength, and it's also easy for me to
focus on money. In the world we live in, money is a necessity, we need money
for anything, and everything, and for me, since I haven't had a job, it gets
easy for me to focus on it, and what I need. But God once again brings me
back to Him. I know, someday, when I go out on my own, I won't always have
friends, or famiily, or church, or even money, but I WILL always have God,
and He should be more than enough for me. I realize that whether it's friends, money, or even a family, the things of this world are temporary, but God's love will last forever, so I would appreciate your prayer, that instead of relying on what I do have here at home, I would rely on God.
 
    Fourthly, and lastly, I would appreciate prayer for wisdom. As I have grown older now, I am having to make many decisions, and take on many responsibilites. Of course, I know I'm not in this alone, but I do have some choices to make. This coming fall is a big decision for me. I really want to do something, go somewhere, and be used wherever God has me. I feel God is preparing me for something great someday, so I am considering colleges, jobs, or some other alternatives. I believe at this point, I would like to pursue going to either Crown College, in Knoxville, TN, or Maranatha Baptist Bible College in Watertown, WI. Going to college however can be an expensive endevour, and time is quickly ticking away. I still have a lot of money to make, and a lot to figure and work out before that will happen, so there is a chance God shuts that door for this year. I am also considering going to community college. I can't say I am too keen on the idea, and I'm not sure I have a great peace about that decision, but I know if that's where God wants me to be, then that's the best choice for me to make. The fourth option that has been in the back of my mind for a little while is possibly attending the International ALERT Academy in Big Sandy, TX. I know it would be a lot of work, and I still have to do some research to see if it would even be possible for me to attend, seeing as I'm not able to go into the Emergency field of occupation, not to mention, the finances could be an issue, but I believe if God opens that door, it would be a big life changing experience for me, mentally, physically, and spiritually. So whatever I do, I would appreciate prayer that I would use wisdom to make the right decision. I know wherever God leads me I'll go.
 
    So, I would say I have a lot of thinking, and praying to do in the next few months. I know whatever God has planned for my life, He will work it out perfectly, and I look forward to the day that I can sit back and see how it all unfolded. Until then, I can't say how much I would appreciate your prayers.
 
    Anyways, thanks for taking some time to read. If there's anything I can pray for you about too, I would be more than happy to! Have a blessed day!


~Daniel~

No comments:

Post a Comment